Nazi Germany had its appeasers. So did Mao’s China and the Soviet Union. And today there are appeasers of Iran, an equally suppressive, violent, and intolerant regime. The appeasers are:
- Conciliatory to the mullahs and accept their rightful legitimacy as rulers of Iran, as well as Iran’s legitimacy as a regional power.
- Whitewash or avoid discussing the mullahs’ history of tyranny, repression, misogynous laws, imprisonment of dissenters, political executions, lack of religious or artistic freedom, cracking down on the media, torture, flogging, etc.
- Support the removal of all sanctions on Iran.
- Refuse to harshly condemn, or hold accountable, the mullahs for their many human rights violations.
- Recognize Iran is developing a nuclear bomb but refuse to support policies of containment.
- Decline to hold Iran accountable for its terrorist attacks, one suicide bombing of which killed 19 US servicemen and wounded hundreds of others.
- Downplay the regime’s threat to its neighbors and military and financial support it provides to Hamas, Hezbollah, and other terrorist groups.
- Oppose regime change and attack Iranian patriots who seek to restore democracy and freedom in the country.
- Take offense when the regime is accurately described with such terms as “rogue state,” “axis of evil,” and “leading sponsor of terrorism.”
- Advocate Iran’s threat to its neighbors and the West can be resolved through dialogue.
Want Western leaders to make substantial concessions to the regime and believe, in return, the mullahs will halt their export of Islamic fundamentalism.